Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How can I stop letting anxiety control me?

I started having really bad panic attacks early February and have been getting them on a daily basis. I'm really scared of being too far away from a hospital incase I get a really bad one and end up dying of a heart attack cause paramedics weren't able to get to me fast enough. I have spoken to multiple nurses and doctors and all have said that panic attacks can't kill you, but I just don't understand how they can't. I guess I don't beleive them and everytime I get one I convince myself I'm going to die although I've been told I can't. My daughters birthday is coming up and her dad really wants to go out of town to a water park, but the thought of going on a long trip scares me because I know I'm gonna freak out and have a panic attack and I don't wanna look stupid infront of him or for him to cause my panic attack to get worse by him not understanding what's wrong with me and acting like something's really wrong. How can I end this vicous cycle? I also don't want to take medication, and I am seeing a therapist but there's such large time gaps in our sessions that they don't really work. Like I only see her every 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment